Wednesday 10 April 2013

Illamasqua Face.


Way back in February my Mum and I went to an Illamasqua Beauty School Drop-In at Meadowhall,Sheffield. Leena Adesara was the Make-Up Artist there and I have to say it was one of the most amazing 'lessons' I've had. I learned so so much, from which make up to buy, how to apply and how to make the most of what you've got.
Illamasqua's most recent collection is I'mperfection, being true to who you are. Showing off your freckles, features and blemishes. 
On the day I was colour matched and I bought shade 03 of the Skin Base Foundation.

A great tip is to squeeze the foundation onto the top of the lid, screw it back on ad voila! A convenient place to put your foundation while applying it. So much more hygienic than the back of your hand! 

Next I use the shade lower 002 around my eyes, the apples of my cheeks, brow bone, and top of my nose.
This works as a highlighter, Illamasqua actually sells a white foundation for this purpose but I already had this shade so I use this and it works just as well.


These foundations have a wonderful consistency, although they at first appear thick, when applied with a round buffing/stippling brush (real techniques) it really does spread far. It can also be used as a concealor, using a smaller brush buffing around the eyes blending it really well works. It has brilliant staying power too!

Now, underneath these I use the Illamasqua Matte Primer.
Illamasqua also have a Satin Primer if a dewy look is what youre going for. However I have oily/combination skin, so I dont need a primer to get 'dewy' skin. I've struggled for quite a while trying to find a foundation that doesnt accentuate my oily patches. The foundations are suitable for all skins so if you need to change it a little bit for your own needs, applying a primer first really does the trick. I dont need to reapply or touch up or anything throughout the day/night. 


The Illamasqua staff are super helpful so definitely head down to your nearest Illamasqua counter, get matched up and get all the information you need from them!

One last note, something I love love love about Illamasqua its their square packaging, used purposely to distinguish themselves from other make up brands! How cool!?



Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin! 
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, what do you think?
All opinions are appreciated!

Kitty xxx

Blog Archive